Monday, March 3, 2014

Yea, Thailand and Stuff

Salakeawku the sculpture park
So this week seemed really long, well at least every day seemed really long but now
its already another p-day! so ya! last p day we went and visitd this weird sculpture
garden, my trainer said its like one of the weirdest far out places in thailand
so i am pretty luck to go to it and on my first transfer. I was feeling sorry for
myself for getting called clear out here but I learned that this area is one of the
most sought after places. Ha, Maybe i'd just like the big city better than this place
but I am learning to like it better. While it has been pretty trying and hard, I have
been trying to work my hardest the whole time, and not get discouraged. or rather when
I am discouraged I keep working anyways.
 From both mom and dad thanks for the advice. I have faith and hope that it'll
get better, and I'm gonna keep on working. I'll just take it one p-day at a time.
or like 1 day even.
 So, for actually what I did. was alot of contacting. We contacted contacted
and contacted some more. And all you are supposed to do is go up to someone and
ask if they want to be cleansed from their sins. President senior says the people that
are ready will want this and be open to teaching. I think It has a really good point
because this way we don't waste our time trying to convince someone thats not even
interested by first asking them questions like,.... so, nice weather today eh? not that
I can even say it in thai. ha.
 Thats another thing, my Thai is coming along poorly. But i keep working at it.
at church I can't understand hardly a single thing they are saying. But they say it
will come so I am counting on that. Last week we taught a total of 2 lessons.
 also what is fun is that after church the members always get together and eat.
So they make us food every sunday for lunch. Then a lady from the ward always brings
us dinner too.
 So just for mom, I will describe the food. Its THAI FOOD! Most of it is really
good. Especially the yellow curry with chicken. Even though its kindof basic that is
definitly my favorite dish here. Other stuff is good, too. The best treat thing ive had
is like mangoes with sticky rice. Except for the rice isn't normal rice. It is steamed
with like sugar and stuff so its pretty much like candy. Then they put mangoes with it
and you just eat it all up. Its really fattening, but so freaking good. I had that my
first day here. also they have these little cake things that look like a triangle slice
of a pb and j sandwich all wrapped up but it is so delicious. Yea, maybe mom and dad will
want to come pick me up just for that :)
 Some of the food is spicey. But you can tell them how spicey you want it. so I
usually don't get it too spicey. I don't want any bad fire butthole. I had diaharea like
once or twice already, and its not too fun. But, ya know, its your average fire butthole
experience, so im used to it. Im getting more used to defecating on a toilet with no seat
and having to pour water on my own fecul matter. Its only bad when its really hot and
humid in the bathroom and I'm sweating bullets while squatting and trying not to shiz
down my leg. Ha. the internet just crapped out in this place we were in, so we had to move to
another place. But yea. So we did the sculpture garden thing which was really weird.
Today we are probably just gonna chill and buy stuff and my companion is gonna get
a hair cut. Apparently there is not a whole lot to do but there is a sand castle thing
and im sure we will find other weird stuff to do. But yea. Ill send some pictures.
Just doing my thing here in nong khai.
love, Elder Smith

PS (Mom ask Marked if he was taller than most Thai people and more details about the food.) Now that I think of it I find myself looking down on most people. Literally,not figurativly. Also, the food is almost always served on top of rice. You got like curries, then other sauce stuff that is put on rice. There is something thats like noodles but its made out of an unriped fruit.. its name escapes me at the moment. But a lot of the times it has the peanuty taste which is really good! also they measure the heat of the food by the amount of met, or peppers that are put into it. met is the classifier for seeds. but you say that when you are saying how many you want. I usually get 1 pepper in a dish of whatever stuff. But you can go up to 20. they gave us 20 met stuff on the day we came in. it was hot, we will just say that... But my favorite by far is sticky rice with mango and the yellow curry with rice. and you can buy a dish of each of those for 40 bot. Which is only about 1.5 dollars I believe. HAH! BRAD. (MOM: London is terribly expensive, but they do have toilet seats:) but with that being said we only get like 160 dollars a month for food. it goes faster than you think... because anything that isn't authentic thai is expensive. Like, nutella. here, for a tiny thing. is like 600 baht. Not that I want it, but I was like, holy crap! you gotta be kidding. but yea.
love, markie mark







No comments:

Post a Comment