Monday, March 10, 2014

P Day Already? jk, It's About Time;)

So we did a whole lot of stuff this week! like, A LOT.  But I realized I never told you about my companion. He is 20 yrs old, been out a year and his name is Elder Wheeler. I'll send  you a picture. He is a good trainer. He works really hard. and I like that. Because I want to be a hard worker and follow all the rules. We haven't found too much stuff in common but we are working better together and its getting easier to talk to him about stuff.
Next subject. On Monday night I was washing my dishes and I found a cochroach in our clean dishes. It annoyed me, so I went and got the cockroach spray and chased it out and went HAM ON IT.  After that I found 3 more and slayed them as well. So you can just call me the cockroach slayer now.

Also, we had a meeting and they said that we need to take the inviting up a notch again. Now, we talk to every person we pass no matter what and ask them "do you want to be cleansed from sin?" if they say no we move on. Theres not a whole lot of people in nong khai so sometimes it is a little tedious. but I have no problem going up to people and saying random crap so it doesn't bother me too much. Oh, the other companionship of elders baptized a girl this sunday. We found her 2 weeks ago. She seemed really ready, such a fast baptism. Her name is Sister Bang. I'll send you a picture.

 its funny because here you set up a bunch of lessons for them to meet you at the church so you can teach them and we even confirm with them like 3 times over the phone. then they just don't show up. These thai people are wacko! I am glad the I am from the U.S where people are blunt and rude. That way at least you know for sure if they are interested.
hmmm.... what else did I do. we biked a lot! one time we were going to visit a less active member at  7 at night . It was way dark, and they were out in the BOONIES! Since thailand isn't the best industrialized place there were no street lights. and it was DARK.  we were freaking out and I had just said, " man this is sketch, let's go back". then a member driving a motor scooter showed up and guided us to the la persons house. It was definitely a miracle.
 Oh! also! I found a fat little caterpillar in my food. Ha, i took a picture. 

I asked my trainer what we normally do when that happens, he said "ask for a coke!" because apparently the coke kills bacteria and bad stuff in your stomach, because its a potent and nasty drink or something.
So yea, we have been struggling hard here, every night I usually get home and have sweat pouring down my face, Its like  taking a shower, but with my own bodily fluids! it is kinda refreshing though to sweat that much, it makes it seem like I worked hard or something. and it cleans out my pores...acne is down to miniscule amounts. ha .  so yea. If there is anything specific you want to ask just tell me and ill fill you in. I haven' t had too many amazing things happen yet but it is pretty crazy and weird down here.
I am getting better at thai. For what its worth my trainer said my thai is better than some people that are already a transfer in.. so im doing ok. always trying though. Never satisfied. That way i'll keep progressing. and yea, its sad that it takes so long for some people to get good. especially the sisters. by the time they are good they have to go home. ha! 

 I love you so much mom! you are the best :)
 and dad too! show him this letter.
love you dad


love markie
















we actually have a washing machine. then we just air dry them. Its not as humid as you would think. Well, at least, our clothes get pretty dry with a fan on them

the sisters that are here in nong khai took the photos. That was right after we had a baptism in the river which is behind the sign. We were excited abou the baptism.

well it wasnt us that baptized in the river. that was the other companionship. yea. I wouldn't be caught dead in that water... well, the only way I would go in is if I was dead ... . . . . yea

We don't have good sunsets. no. all it is every day is an orange sun because the pollution is so bad. Ha. and its the exact same every day. the weather is very consistent.

yea there are 4 elders total and 2 sisters. Us 4 elders are in one APARTMENT and the sisters are in another place. (obviously ) yea. theres actually been talk that they might not have one of the elder companionships stay next transfer because 6 missionaries in a small place  is almost too much. but I think ill be moving anyways. because I am gonna have a follow up trainer and they would keep me and have the trainer move in.

so we eat out every meal except for breakfast. the members don't have wifi, but everyone has a  phone with a data plan. actually, for some reason, lots of them have 2 phones... i don't understand it. but yea, they have nice phones, nice motor scooters, and nice cars, then they live in shacks. They spend all their free money on those things that  they see american people having. personally, id rather have a nice house to live in. Its really interesting to see how they live and to see what their culture sees as valuable.

ha yea maybe. is it 11 pm there right? oh we get fed be a member every sunday night. but other than that we don't.... I think its just because its nong khai though. I've heard other places the members feed them a ton. Like in bangkok, or asoke. 






No comments:

Post a Comment