Monday, March 17, 2014

Coming Up on a Month in Thailand

Live animal trap with a super, flying mouse in it.

So what did I do this week? well, a lot of missionary work. and ALOT of contacting. It seems pretty mundane, and boring. But, I do it. My trainer says im a really good trainee. and that I work hard, so I think im getting this right. I just hope I can get to the point where I love to do missionary work.. right now im just... indifferent about it. ha

Click Here to view Catfish, Sculptures and Contacting

Sheesh I really don't know what to say. This week there was some days that were really hot, and some days that were abnormally cool. Like today, its still hot, but there is a slight breeze and its overcast... but still no rain. Its supposed to get really hot soon. I don't think I am excited for that.
On the 18th i'll have been on my mission for 3 months! yea! that will have been 1/8 of my mission. most of that having been the mtc.
The thai is coming along.... slowly.. but, coming. I can read in thai really well. I'm glad I focused really hard on that in the mtc. it really comes in handy. especially when you are reading scriptures with people,  they expect you to suck at reading, then you surprise them.
so, lets see if I can come up with some weird stories of what happened this week. yesterday a weird guy asked us if we could buy him a gun from american. we were like "why do you need a gun??" he then told us he had a bunch of middle school age kids that would harass him. so we said, "what are you gonna do, shoot them??" "no, id just shoot it in the air like you guys in america always do". haha. the things these kids see on tv.
also we traveled out into the BOONIES yesterday to find a golf course that we could possibly slink around and contact people about the gospel. along the way we found a home with a lady that makes rice mixed with ants and other bugs. Its like special food for animals that has protein in it. it was kinda weird. but yea. ESAN.
Fecal Update:
my poop seems normal now. There was a time when it was diarrhea, then I was constipated. but now I got some pretty "solid" poops!

anyways. thats my week. have fun, don't have too much fun in utah!
 Elder Mark Smith


Why don't you knock on doors? --MOMOMOMOM
Mark:  no we don't knock doors... but its mainly because people don't have doors. they live in shacks. and the people with nice houses have fences that keep people out. so yea, only walking down the streets going to places with large amounts of people to ask them if they want to be cleansed from sin. yaag lang baaaab. that is what im am saying to all the people. ha yea. I try to be a goober to make it more fun. they want us to talk to every single person we walk past no matter where we are or what we are doing.
Maybe singing hymns or the new Frozen soundtrack would be better, jk. --MOMOMOM
Mark:  or dancing. I could do the Napoleon Dynomite dance. I bet that would get em.

"Mom, my retainer broke. What do I do?"

$14 Watch and now I can wake up on time and
swim with sea monsters at 100 feet below.
Why is that a flying, super mouse in that live animal trap? --MOMOMOMOM
Mark: Here, Mom, watch this and you will understand. Click Right Here


No comments:

Post a Comment