Thursday, March 27, 2014

Another Week Another...Week

I love the mangoes and sweet sticky rice.

Ok. sooooooo this week we had ZONE CONFERENCE! yaaaaaay! we traveled to Udon which is the center of our zone, only about an hour bus ride away. It is bigger than Nong Khai. but still nothing compared to bangkok in size or amount of people. We listened to president senior talk, had lunch, and ate a crap load of Ice cream cake. It was waaaay goood!

also, I had some other interesting experiences. 

First off. I was brushing my teeth one night and somehow I accidentally stabbed myself in the nose with my toothbrush. Then, blood started gushing all over the sink and all over the dishes that were in the sink. kinda nasty... don't tell my companion! ha. I washed them ok. we're fine.
We went contacting alot, as always. And there were a few days where it was KILLER hot! then it got all rainy and stuff. which isn't normal. but right now its overcast again and slightly breezy. pretty chill!
There were multiple times where little asian girls came up to us and wanted to get a picture with us. because we are WHITE. and because I am attractive. I think... maybe not. ok most likely not.
also, fun fact about thailand. It seems as if very other person you meet is a transvestite. yea I'm serious. we see them every day. But some of them have for sure got sex changes because they have breasts and an adams apple.... there were a couple where I would think "that is a very ugly girl with broad shoulders..... why does she have an adams apple? oh gosh..."
here is another fun fact about thailand. there is this one restaurant where the water they give you comes from a garbage can. literally, they let it drip from the faucet into a big garbage can. then when they fill up your pitcher they just dip it in the can. yum! yea, I drank from my water bottle after I found that out....

Thai food is good. and surprisingly, the microwave dinners from 7-11 are really good too! and pretty cheap. only about a dollar. oh there are 7-11's everywhere! in bangkok there is one every other building. I don't know why. but It is something that has caught on in thailand majorly big. They got some really cool asian food weird stuff too. also, they got McDonalds here. but its really expensive and "classy". ha. imagine that! a plate of thai food is like 30 bot. where as if you went to McDonalds it would be 150-200 baht.
This week at church we had zero investigators show up. 4 promised they would. ha. no one else in our district had anybody show up either. the sisters were supposed to have a baptism. but the person just didn't show up. Just the thai way of saying "I'm not interested anymore".
We were only able to get one lesson with a member the whole week, also. The members are so hard to get to come, and with people bailing so often its hard to get a solid lesson through. but I assure you guys we're trying hard, so yea!

Still hanging in here I guess.
I hope you have a good week!


-Elder Mark Smith

Flash back to Karate Kid I



Zone Conference in Udon. Mom thinks I need to work
on my selfies.

these other pictures are a chinese burial garden ... cool! Buddhists don't bury their dead, 
they burn them. but not the Chinese!


No comments:

Post a Comment