Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sporting a New Shorter Haircut


So its been exactly 4 weeks in the MTC. 1 month down, like 1 more to go. No biggie, I can do this. Hopefully, I won't get too bored. I mean, I've gotten a little better at sitting around forever. And it's nice that I can go to gym every day. Me and a friend from our district go and run every time. He's gonna run for BYU track when he gets back. Long distance runner, his name is Elder Hales. He has been showing me a new form where you only run with the balls of your feet like a sprinter, but it greatly increases your speed and duration for the same amount of exertion. Killer on the calves though. So thats been good. I guess you can say that i've been getting YOKED OUT OF MY MIND. So yea, running is a good stress reliever for me. sucks that all it is, is an indoor track that takes 10 laps for a mile. BUT STILL, ITS RUNNING.

So, the Thai has been coming better. I go into our fake investigator lessons with some notes written in english then I just have a few words in thia I dont know. then I just construct the sentences with my own brain and say them. how amazing is that. also, I was able to read 15 verses in the book of mormon in thai script. And be able to understand some of the words. Its cool to see just how much im able to progress in the mtc. I hear once you get out you feel lost again. but I think it'll be an advantage for me to read script so well, so im trying really hard on that.

Elder Bednar came and spoke again this week. I always likes it when he speaks. He stood up there and bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon. He said he was a wittness of its truthfulness. Then, The spirit made it manifest to me that what he was saying was true. It's so cool to be able to strenghten your testimony with the ones of others. The spirit bears wittness of all things that are truthful. I think that is so cool. He answered questions that people had from the christmas devo where he past out phones and let people text him questions. So it was super cool, just right on the spot insight from an apostle of the Lord. You cannot deny that he knows what he is doing is true.

We get to go to the temple every week now. I really love doing that. Its so cool to be in there and feel the peace and calm that the spirit brings. I can't imagine being married in the temple. That must be super epic. hashtag spiritual.

But yea. Just trying to get by, having fun but also working hard. It is cool all the things you learn while trying to teach others that know nothing about the gospel. Like, when we teach, everything should be centered on the Book of Mormon. because everything we teach is in there. Spelled out plain and simple.

another thing that Elder Bednar said that caught my attention was how many simple truths the Book of Mormon has. He said philosophers and religions people have argued for centuries if it is by works or by grace that we are saved. Then comes the Book of Mormon through the hand of the Lord, and we find out that it is both. By grace we are saved, after all we can do... or something like that. Every little thing like this in the Book of Mormon just manifests its truthfulness.

So, i'm doing well. I am anxiously awaiting the time in which I can go to Thailand. but until then, I gotta get better at Thai! I wan't to be fluent, and quick. Ive never been able to really speak a foreign language before so it will be a real blessing when I am able to express all of my feelings to others in a language other than English. Then when I come home I can swear at y'all in Thai... I mean what. None of that.

Think I should buy a phone card to call you guys when I go to the airport? I know it hasn't been that long but I thought I might as well. Just for the heck of it.

Anyways, have a good week!!!


Love, Elder Smith

PS  How do you like those pictures I sent ;) too seductive for a missionary to be doing i bet. But you know me, I can't help it.

take note of my hawt new hair cut.. im pretty much bald now







This is my horseman look. I don't like it.


Also, socks and shorts are good :) i could use some food that's not sugar if you want to send something. Like cheeze its or salt and vinegar chips. Sometimes im hungry at night but im not down to eat a fat wad of candy. Just doesn't rub me the right way.. ha


No comments:

Post a Comment