Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Letter to Whomever It May Concern: และเชื่อว่าปีศาจ (Believe and Devil)

Week 7 at the mtc! the official count right now is that we have 2 weeks and 5 days left. I am definitly ready to go to Thailand right now! I'm able to read thai script pretty well and the speaking is coming along ok.
sooooossss yea. I don't know what else to say. We are just doing some fat mtc stuff. Learning thai every day. getting to read the book of mormon. I started it over since i've been here and i'm almost finished. It's cool to be able to do that and see the whole story it has.
Hmmmmm what else. We get to fast on sunday. thats chill.... I also learned how to say law of chastity words such as homosexual, abortion, and sex. I am sure those will come super in handy later on. you better not edit those out mom. PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!
We've been doing more awkward fake investigator teaching lessons. This time we picked up sone new "investigators" that are our classmates. its kinda weird teaching them and being their "investigator". especially when people don't pronounce any of their tones. In thai the tones are just as important as consonants and vowel sounds. because certain words can be spelled the same and only differ by a tone. such as the word believe, and devil. They have the same tone, and they are super similar.
Btw i'm sorry in advance if I come back sounding like an Asian. that'll be interesting. "herro maam n dadd!" I think it would sound something like that.
hmmmmmm. oh. The cambodians left yesterday.  They were in 3 weeks before us. It was interesting, there were some really cool dudes in there. also, some really not cool ones. I thought it was funny how when we came in we assumed them to be so much older and having seniority because they were here before. when in all reality they were also noobs and had only been there for 3 weeks before. Interesting how perspective can change your view of a person.
But yea. I'm still here just chugging along in the mtc. It'll be nice to get to Thailand. Hopefully I'll be able to learn a bit more thai before I get there because I have this creeping suspicion that im not going to understand a single word when I get over there. Oh well. thats all part of the fun right??

anways, ya'll have a cool super duper week!

love, Elder Mark Hamilton Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment