Thursday, January 9, 2014

Letter to Da Fam from Dat Young MTC


Well another week down here at the young mtc. and honestly it went super fast. It didn't seem like that long since last p-day. so thats good! Its cool though because I am understanding thai alot better now. and when I am put on the spot I am able to come up with sentences to say rather than have them memorized. Im sure I have some pretty terrible grammar but I can still get my point across when charged with an unintended question. However I never feel like im doing good enough, part of my perfectionist attitude I guess. So I'm always trying to do better. Which I don't think is a bad thing. On sunday I had some sort of epiphany. I was able to start writing and reading thai script fairly decently. It was amazing. That gift of tongues though. So that was cool. I've had a little contention too with this elder in my district. He is a loud annoying guy. But we're loving him anyways. Its cool because even when problems do arise, we're able to get over them and focus on whats really important. because thats why were all there, To learn Thai and the gospel so we can preach it. Makes it alot easier to love the people that your with, knowing there all on your "team".
And yes I did get the shoes. They are really nice, I'll be glad to run in them! Also, sounds like a weird request but could you send me some super glue...? some of the tread on my trail shoes is starting to come off, and its weird not having the luxury of our shop to fix any problem that I have with my devices. So that would be nice :) now I'll have to be extra creative and learn to jerry rig stuff with coat hangers and book of mormon's. Cuz thats about the only thing we got plentiful access to here. Well, and food full of carbohydrates and preservatives.
So there was a funny story I heard, it was about our zone leaders before we got here. They said they got up in the morning to use the bathroom, and they both sat down on the toilet seats... then later, they both started to form terrible rashes on their butts to the point where they could not even sit down. They had to stand for the next two days. And apparently it was because the cleaning crew had used some sort of cleaner that had a strong  base in it and they didn't rinse off the cleaner. The elders got a burn from the chemicals. Moral of the story. Don't sit on the toilet seat, ever....
Or use toilet paper... ya know. Whichever is more doable.
Well things are pretty normal here. Just going along, doing that thai and stuff. We often have times where we get to go around and read the book of mormon. I really like that. Every time you can just hear the truthfulness of it. I especially liked when we read 2 nephi 4:17-19. Those are my favorite verses. You can go ahead and put those on my plac... idk how to spell that. But it just really hits me when nephi says "I know in whom I have trusted". dispite all the sins and all the hardship he has been through, he can be redeemed from them and ultimately be happy because the one in which he trusted was the creator of this whole earth and the one who atoned for our sins. and God, will not allow us to fail. especially as missionaries.
So you guys have a good week! I'll send some pictures in a bit.

I appreciate the packages and letters I get from you guys. And grandma's letter!

love, Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment