Thursday, February 6, 2014

Letter to Fam Fam and Others

Me studying really hard.

I only got 1.5 weeks left here! I am so stoked! The bad thing is I still have to do TRC twice before I go. TRC stand for "Teaching Resource Center". and basically its where RM's from BYU come in and you teach them.. in thai. only problem is they know more than you so you can't teach them simple things.... and since our thai is very limited its hard to come up with anything that they wouldn't already know. So, we usually just have them read scriptures and then ask them how they feel about it. And them sometimes I'll try to string together a complex question that usually doesn't end up making any sense... So, those are probably my least favorite things, But everything else is good. Just yesterday this older couple came into the mtc that is going to thailand too. The guy had been to thailand on his mission clear back in 1971, right during the Vietnam war. He says he was the 85th missionary to ever go there, and that they didn't have the Book of Mormon translated into thai yet. That sounds like it would have been tough! they were sent in with nothing, and had to find their own places to live, and everything. We pretty much have it easy. Our teacher showed us a video that they had made from some of the thailand missionaries. and their appartments are freaking nice! Like, clean, large, air conditioned. They honestly looked up to par with new heritage at byu... kinda funny. but it makes sense because everything there is so cheap! they probably pay a quarter of what they pay for brad's and they are way nicer. Sucks to suck Elder B Smith! just kidding. you don't have to deal with scorching heat every day... That was another thing he said. "the only thing I would change about thailand is the weather" sooo thatll be interesting. I will just have a fat swack/swas for my whole mission. But thats ok, because I have a large stash of deoderant. plus, I ain't trying to impress anybody. Heck, why don't I just not even wear deoderant.
So things here in the mtc are still pretty mtc like. Nothing to report. I got better at thai I think. Annnnndddddddddd I finished the BoM while being here in the mtc. so that is cool as well.
Other than that it's all been a good week, just trying to work my hardest and maximize the time spent here to learn thai the best.
Hope ya'll have a good week! don't have too much fun here in the cold. I guess that'll be one good thing. No fridged cold... I don't know how to spell fridged.. friged. frigged .  .. . . hmmm. oh well. These computers tell me its wrong, but they don't have autocorrect enabled. So I cant do anything except for know its wrong.
Nerd Sadness :(
Love, Elder Smith!

p.s. uhhhhhhh . yea I got nothing
p.p.s. send me some letters you bums.

p.p.p.s. my lips hurt real bad..... despite my use of chapstick. 
A lip care package direct from Elder Smith in London.
This should work much better than the junk you're using:)
My cereal


I was trying to take a nap and they stole my sheets
and pillow then pulled the mattress out from under me...

No comments:

Post a Comment