Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Last Letter from the MTC to Family



I don't have anything to say. The mtc is boring. Devotionals are long. And I am learning thai. amen.
But apart from that I'm friking stoked to go to thailand! yea!

sooooososss yea. Tha'ts about it.

You probs don't have to post this one on my blog. Unless  you really want to. then you can. I guess.

I am just super antsy to get to thailand now. But don't worry. Im still studying hard. I've made more progress in the last two weeks than I have in... well, some two other weeks. which means im doing good. My teacher (Sister Yeo) told me in an interview that I am doing really good at thai. and that I am an amazing missionary. Take it for what its worth, but I think I'm on track. Me and my companion have this phrase well always tell eachother during "comp invintory" its where you talk to eachother and tell them what problems you got with em. what you been beefin about lately. We never do, because we work really well together. But then we have to tell eachother how we can improve so we just say, "Keep on Keepin on." Ha. So, thats what sister yeo said to me. I thought it was funny. But true. We've established a good set of ethics and habits here that if we carry over to the mission field we will do quite ok. hopefully!

also. We were doing trc and this dude told us after we taught him for 40 minutes that we were gang maag at the language, and at reading script. gang means like, solid, pro, good. So, that was a confidence boost. I honestly feel like I know nothing. And I'm sure i'll feel like that when I get to thailand. But thats ok, because if I was satisfied with where im at. I'll never improve. So hopefully throughout my whole mission I can stay unsatisfied with my language ability and continue to improve. Because I don't want to be just fluent. I want to speak like I do in english, but in thai. which means I gotta know some random big words and words like traipse. ha :)

anways, I guess I did have something to say. Look at that! :) Im glad that I get to serve a mission. It is going to be awesome. Just plain awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment