Sunday, April 13, 2014

Song Kron Strikes--weekly letter from the boonies of ˹ͧ¤ÒÂ


So this week I can't really remember what happened. we had a switch off with the AP's on wednesday. that was pretty chill. the one I got paired with is from tenessee and he has got some wacko ideas about the gospel... one of them he was like "so, have you ever thought of this, How many wives does God have?" haha. I'm just going to assume it is one. but yea. it was fun, he was a fun guy to be with. it was nice to have a switch off with another missionary after being with the same one for 2 months now. man, thats a long time to be with another dude 24/7!
But yea. So also, songkran started this sunday. and let me tell you, these khon thais go HAM for song kran. It is crazy. kinda like 4th of july in utah where everyone is shooting off fireworks like crazy. except for you have people driving around in trucks throwing buckets of water. everyone is standing on the streets throwing water, and you have people with power sprayers lying in the bushes in wait to wreck you as you ride past on your bike. It is super fun. Its like a gigantic war zone. and sometimes as deadly. apparently quite a few people get killed during song kran. and quite a few missionaries get hurt. so mom and dad. If I die, I DIE. They are making us go in at 6pm so we aren't out when all the drunk people start roaming. but, just coming home from church after conference at like 2pm I got soaked. It was a battle just to try and take different little back alleys where there wasn't anybody to try and avoid getting wet. But, I got soaked. Good thing I wasn't wearing my suit!
today we get to play songkran all p-day. well, at least until 6 that is. it should be fun. hopefully I don't get a face full of water and eat gravel on my bike. but, I'll leave that up to my companion. he usually hurts himself like that.
This week was pretty normal otherwise. Went to swensens after district meeting on tuesday, as per tradition. swensens is an american ice cream place. I'ts soooo good. and pretty cheap too. 50 bot for 2 big scoops of ice cream if you go on tuesdays. and conference was fun to spend some time. didn't seem as eventful as last conference. but it was good. 
Also, I got this guy at the walking street market to make me a ring out of a 5 bot coin. its really cool, and he even wrote my name in thai on it. dooopppeeee. 
oh also we are trying to get this old guy baptized this week. it should be on sunday. but we will see if he can get off the whiskies by then. he seems to be doing pretty swell. this is the one I talked about who had the pink skinny jeans and chill flannel shirts. He would be a solid addition to this branch. because he is super fly!
also there is this lady that just cry's and cry's whenever we teach here.... its kinda weird.. she is a drug addict we found out... so I think she might just be mentally fried form all the crap she has done. but. I digress.
Hope ya'll have a good week! thailand is pretty hot. and pretty wet. whenever it rains all the bugs and little animals try to come into our house to seek refuge. I found a frog just yesterday night.
.... we ended up throwing it off our balcony and it splattered against the fence of the adjacent house.....  sorry little frog. next time don't mess with me in my HOOD!

have a great week peeps! love ya


-Elder Smith








No comments:

Post a Comment